Oxford Pathways Agenda - July 12 2007
- Specialize by E's ?
(Engineering, Education, Encouragement, Enforcement, Evaluation)?
- Rules - Standard Operating Procedures
- How formal - Roberts Rules of Order?
2 Long Term Goals (years)
- Comprehensive Ped/Bike plan
- updated annually beginning June 2008
- Distribute 2003 plan for future discussion
3 Short Term Goals (weeks)
- Grand Opening of Phase I,
- Goals for the event
- Thank our Congressional Delegation
- Name the Rail/Trail --
National Press - Rails to Trails Conservancy, LAB
- Engage the Community -- Community Ride, give-aways, safety programs
- Publish a Map
- Provide guidance on Phase 2 design
- Arrange to discuss design details with commission
- Bike Lanes, vs Shared Use signs
- Traffic Calming? Speed limit changes?
- Bike Boulevards? Sharrow lane markings?
- Investigate the costs / benefits of an outside consultant
- "Bike Friendly" Coordinator has offered to visit
- Solicit suggestions from him
- UNC consultant